Thank you for becoming involved as a Team Manager for a WASPS Team. For most, being the Team Manager is about becoming further involved in their child’s basketball team. By engaging other parents to assist, the duties of a Team Manager takes very little time each week and unlike some other clubs, WASPS registrations include game day fee’s so you don’t need to ensure all players/parents have paid every week.
Some of the duties of a Team Manager include:
- Completion and distribution of Scoring and court sweeping roster (sweeping is only if requested by referee's or coaches)
- Assist parents who are new to scoring
- Game day registration (on electronic scorecard)
- Organising alternate tops (for lower WASPS team to organise)
- Add fill in players details to electronic scorecard
- Ensure all parents and coach are aware of game time and venues (can be done by fixture handouts or sms reminders)
- End of season team break-up (if wanted)
- Ensuring first aid kit is available at trainings and game days (and contact club if stock is required)
- Support coach and players as required
And that may not be it in some cases, so don’t forget if you need anything then don’t hesitate to contact the WASPS Team Manager Liaison whose current details can be found on http://waspsbb.com.au/committee-members.
In Wasps v's Wasps games, the lower number team wears the alternate tops i.e. if it G14/4 v's G14/5, it is the responsibility of the G14/5 Team Manager to collect, wash and return the Alternate Tops. Our Alternate Tops contact is Raelene Trichias who can be contacted on 0403 310 606 or email@example.com
We have templates should you wish to use them for: